Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

5.14.2004

Migrating and Pruning

So, migrate everything to Movable Type or stay here? This morning I had problems getting in to Blogger, which prompts me to think about switching over to the other, more hackable, blog software I've got running.

But then again: it's more hackable and therefore maybe more breakable?

Although I do like the jaunty new look for Blogger--I'm just not sure if there's any new features here.

Anyway, the inspiration this morning is that it's fun to watch Spags garden. It's also been a pleasure to see L take over many of the gardening chores at our own house. She's now obsessed, and has drawn out a bed all of her own for annuals. Just what we need: more flowers. I'm still loving our garden (and the many many different varieties of things that appear all on their own) but the one thing I wish for is a bit more room for food.

Anyway Spags: I know your reading--as you comment occasionally. I read that Slate too. One word: now is not the time to prune rose bushes. And when in doubt: wait a year to see what it does.

Except for laurels. You can do anything to a laurel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home