Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

7.23.2004

Time flies on the map.

I think I've lost 3 days this week to working on a GIS project.

It's a lot of fun, but it's not in my job description. All of a sudden I'm feeling underpaid.

OK, I'd probably do it for free. CAUSE IT'S A LOT OF FUN!

Although it does have it's drawbacks. Yesterday, at one point, I suddenly felt a little stiff sitting in my chair. I got up to walk around and realized it was two hours later than I thought it was. GIS is a time suck.

It's also been a bit frustrating because I really don't understand the guts of ArcMAP. Why, sometimes, will a newly imported layer not get reprojected on the fly? Is it the order in which you add layers? Is it evil demons in my computer?

It's been two weeks since the big camping trip to Steens. I've got the photos, but I'm still writing about the experience. It's turning into an epic saga, so you all will just have to hang in there for a while until I get a bit more spare time to write. At the rate I'm going, expect it sometime around Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home