Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

10.13.2004

Forgotten NYC nuggets.

I know one of my valued readers' is planning a trip to New York, so I thought I'd mention a couple nuggets that I forgot about New York.

We found out about a play a little too late to attend. The audience meets at a Lower East Side park and are led to an undisclosed theatrical location. During the one man show, a phone call is placed from a random audience member's cell phone to the White House switchboard and all shout in unison: "I'm gonna kill the president!" Federal offense as theater. Yeah!

There is also a bakery in the East Village that specializes in cupcakes. The park across the street from the Magnolia Bakery is filled with happy people eating cupcakes. (I've discovered, while looking for a url, that the bakery was also featured in Sex in the City. The question is: if we had known that beforehand, would we still have gone?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home