Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

2.16.2007

The postsests with the mostest

A little link-y round up for all my loyeal readers.

A colleague sent this story under the subject line "sad but interesting." And it is sad that Iraqis are using maps.google to plan their daily routes around likelly kidnapping points. On the other hand, I have to appreciate the amazing adaptability and resilience of a population that is adapting internet technologies just to SURVIVE! Holy crap batman: I have the luxury of following whatever route I want to work each morning. Granted, recently I've been choosing to ride past the shiny new courthouse rather than down the Willamette alley (where I have to watch the EPD harass people sleeping by the pool vent behind the Downtown Athletic Club), but this is a pretty minor aesthetic choice. It's not like I'm trying to protect my life.

On a much lighter note, this video made the rounds of listservs on campus this week under the headings "the future of reference" for the librarians, and 'hey, here's my clueless users' on the departmental tech support list.

And here's a spoof on some marching penguins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home