Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

11.26.2003

Darkroom update

This weekend will be a big push. We're totally boycotting Thanksgiving to finish the walls and start prepping (and maybe even painting). We have some electric work to do as well.

I think L is starting to feel left out of the process. Tonight she said: "So, we have to have a discussion before starting about whether I'm just going to do what I'm told." I guess I've just been jumping in and doing the work. Sorry honey.

Here's what the wall with the vent fan looks like now:



And here's the view of the same wall from the laundry room:



Here it is with the fan mounted:



I still need to put some legs underneath the fan. I've promised some shelves and hooks for laundry stuff. The de-humidifier fits really nicely right underneath the fan. It should still squeeze in there if there's legs.

Here's the view from the outside again, with the beginnings of the innermost wall of the decompression chamber. Note: the wall is sitting on a 2x6 PT board, which has been bolted to the floor. I've used the same method throughout. The partition walls are bolted to the concrete walls as well. (Well, one of them just has a couple screws-in-anchors--but it's damn well attached to the floor and ceiling)



And finally, the wall is framed:



The outer wall is done now too, but it's leaning a bit. It's a long story. I'll be fixing that first thing in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home