Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

12.16.2003

Winter break.

There's an old joke that the library would be a wonderful place if only we could get rid of all those people that take the books off the shelf.

Well, we're doing a pretty good job of that right now. Public Safety (our local useless campus cops--they proved it recently, but I haven't shared the story) forgot to open the outside door to our building today. Not that there were people lined up waiting to get in, but still, we are open for business.

Anyway, it's currently very pleasantly quiet in here. Yesterday, I succeeded in getting ESRI's ArcGIS installed on my machine, received some good advice for add-ons from the geography department, and am now embarked on a little mapping project. If only I could get so excited by organic chemistry.

(ok, I take back what I said about the uselessness of Public Safety, they did save my bike for me a while back. I'll have to write down that story sometime too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home