Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

2.16.2006

Not speaking ill of the dead.

Sometimes I find mistakes that my predecessors have made. Sometimes they're pretty agreegious: yesterday there was a map of the Canadian-US border from the St. Croix River to the Atlantic with a 'Great Lakes Region' call number. I've always considered Maine to be well outside the Great Lakes.

But then I find things that look like mistakes, but upon reflection aren't. It keeps me on my toes, and makes my job interesting.

One of my greatest fears though is that in 15 years, after my first heart attack when I'm kicking back on disability, my successor will cry out from the historic room: "What was he thinking?" like I just did. Sorry Ed: I don't mean to doubt you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home