Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

4.06.2007

Where the action is.

It's at work these days. Dang am I busy.

Remember the hand-held game where you would move numbered tiles around by sliding each one into an empty space: essentially moving the empty space around? I feel like that's been my life with a new committee I've been working with. I find myself standing in the middle of a big room scratching my chin mumbling to myself "if we put the hamsters in this corner, we can put the monkeys in that closet over there, then there will be room for the kitties."

What's worse is that I've been doing it with my regular duties as well as I am inheriting a little bit of space and need to shift a whole lot of stuff around. I hate making mistakes when doing shifts. The wasted time is really hard to take since it's such a precious commodity.

The new quarter sees me making more of an effort to keep up the geographical writing. Leaving to do fieldwork in 11 weeks gives me quite a bit of imperative to write as well. Got to get organized.

A big shout out this week to Informant A and his posting of my requests to a Chinese language message board. The responses have started rolling in, although I'll be damned if I can read them. But I'm starting to know how to order food in a restaurant. 家常豆腐 anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home