Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

7.11.2007

My loyal readers...

...have demanded the fever dream. So here it is in all its Freudian glory.

I don't think I have ever dreamed about being sick, but I guess there's a first for everything. I ditched class last week while down with the Beijing Belly, and slept for several hours. The weird thing is I had this extended dream that I was horribly sick and needed help. My roommate kept coming back to the room and I would wake up and ask him if he had just been here. He would insist that he had been in class all morning and hadn't been in the room at all.

So I would tell him, "I must be sicker than I thought. I think I hallucinated you being here." This happened a bunch of times, and each time he became more insistent that a: he hadn't been here, and b: no, I really wasn't that sick.

Meanwhile there is some sort of political protest going on outside in the courtyard (which I had a view of in my dream). It seemed like some sort of SOA-watch, South American solidarity rally, which I thought was really strange, seeing that I'm in China. Things kept escalating outside and people in the hotel started to panic. The didn't want to go anywhere, but I kept telling my classmates that I was really sick and needed a doctor. They said I wasn't sick enough. Then I'd remind them that they claimed not to be here earlier, but that I had had the same conversation with them. Then I started pulling broken pieces of plastic out of my mouth saying, 'Well, if I'm not sick, why have I been eating plastic water bottles?"

At this point I tried crawling into the hallway calling for the fuyuan. My classmates dragged me back into the room saying not to bother them. Finally I escaped and made it into a service closet (there really are a couple of them here) and my Chinese co-worker was in there tied up! So I untied her and we dressed in fuyuan uniforms and made our escape.

It was about this time that my roommate returned home from class.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Alan Cordle said...

    Wow. I'm glad you got that past the c3ns0r5. The plastic bottles and the tied up coworker! I don't think this was a fever dream, but actually a carefully crafted implanted memory covering an alien abduction. Any new, unexplainable scars?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home