Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

9.07.2007

Nothing funnier than a Chinese guy in lederhosen

Just back from a long day in Shanghai. Actually, I came back to the hotel for a shower and dry clothes and some work in the middle (read: hottest, stickiest part) of the day, but that doesn't really count does it?

I slept poorly last night, so can't share the whole story with you all. I'm pretty comfortable at this point, and will soon fall asleep. So don't expect much here other than the snappy headline.

Comfortable how you ask? Well, I just returned from dinner at the Spaten biergarten restaurant, where I had Western food (with a knife and a fork even) for the first time in I don't know how long. 4, 5 weeks? And when I say Western, I mean Western European: Bratwurst, sauerkraut, pretty decent rye bread with liverwurst, and really good mashed potatoes. And two good beers. I miss good beer.

The only problem with the place was the music. The band covered the Carpenters, Bee Gees, Diana Ross, and 'The Girl from Iponima' (medlied with 'Yellow Bird' of all things) all within a half hour. All badly. Especially the Astrid Gilberto. If they had played a John Denver tune, the circle of hell would have been complete.

Actually, the Bee Gees song wasn't half bad. They kind of sound like Chinese girls to start with, don't they?

Shanghai 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home