Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

5.20.2008

Write, write, right.

OK, last 2.5 weeks. I think I'm sitting in a pretty good place for the quarter. I hope last night didn't sound whiny.

3 papers. A final. A little quantitative analysis. And a couple hurtles for the bigger China project.

Speaking of which, lots of folks have asked: Nope: don't know anyone there. Nope: didn't go there (although Chengdu and Chongqing are on the short list of places I want to go). Nope: nobody I've talked to has personal ties to the area. It's not like I know all that many Chinese people. And hey: there's a heck of a lot of them.

For the curious (or the morbid), check out China Daily. I won't link to the policelady photo everyone has been talking about: it sounds better than it is. Unless there's more than one floating around. NPR here in the States happened to have 2 reporters in Chengdu: their coverage has been fantastic.

Boggles the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home