Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

5.14.2009

3 more retirements.

Announced since I wrote that last post. All map librarians. Seeing as there are typically 3 jobs open nationally each year, this seems to be a big deal. 7 openings. Well, that's not exactly accurate. 7 positions vacant. Only one opening so far.

(note to my own colleagues: no, I'm not looking. If I was looking, I would only be getting a new roof and paint job instead of all the other renovations.)

I've just been slated to teach Library 101 in the fall--a 1-credit 1-hour-a-week course. In starting to think about how to go about it, I realize that there will be few places in the syllabus where they will actually have to touch a physical resource. I'm thinking about making attendance mandatory though. 5 random quizzes in 9 sessions? As one of my high school history teachers would say: "Gentlemen, take out....a half-sheet of paper.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM , Anonymous John said...

    Your history teachers made you take acid?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home