Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

12.16.2003

A quick darkroom update.

Quick, because I've got to get a bit more work done today.

Here you can see that I screwed up the second wall of the light trap when I put it up:



It was sooooooo square side to side--that wall was perfectly vertical when I put it up. Unfortunately, it was leaning over along its length. Here's a detail that exagerates the problem, and shows how the wall is actually attached to the ceiling. I though I was being clever by just having the little blocks in there, but what it did was throw the wall off as I pounded them into place:



Fortunately, I took the time to drill pilot holes and screw these into place, rather than nail them. Here's the view of me and my gut fixing my mistake:




And finally, part of the reason the drywall went so slowly was that every time we moved to a new surface, some other problem crept up. So here is the view of the completed framing of the decompression chamber, including the light fixtures that are getting added. Since then, I've also added two outlets: one facing out, which makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the input dear, and one facing in--I still have no idea why we'd ever need to plug something in inside the light trap:



Yes, we did do drywall that weekend. Here's the first photo from that:



Progress is slow. The flesh is weak. But the will is strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home