Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.12.2005

Bacon, weeds, tennis

Had some friends over recently that have declared it to be Bacon Wrapped Summer, 2005. They brought dates stuffed with cheese. This week I received bacon-wrapped bananas with feta. Last weekend L and I had a spinach salad with candied walnuts, strawberries, and grilled chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Fantastic.

Today L cut down a weedy lilac and finished some weeding that I started this morning in the rear side bed. Including mulch! Earlier I had cleaned up the front side bed and hacked back a bunch of the what the neighbors have taken to calling the poppy bed. Combined with last month's crewcut and a lawn mowing, the whole side of the house looks 100% better today. In fact, it looks downright sharp.

And finally, the tennis season ended today. An early morning victory was followed by an afternoon defeat--although I have to say that I played my best doubles of the season. Next year I may need to decide between softball and tennis due to school obligations. I think the choice will be easy: tennis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home