Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

9.09.2006

Blog worries

My email tells me a got a little comment spam, but blogger's emails that inform me when a comment comes in don't list which post has been commented on. In the meantime I've turned on comment moderation, which will slow down things for you loyal commentors out there.

I've been trying to grep for the comment text, but with no results. Dangit. I wish I remembered more unix.

On a related note, does anyone know how I can consolidate my archives down so that it's not such a long list over there on the right hand side of this here web page? I'd love to see only this year's months displayed, and then a link to a list of years. Or maybe a nested menu of some sort.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM , Blogger Christina said...

    1) the e-mail I get from blogger is in html format and the name of my blog is hyperlinked (Posted by x to _Christina's LIS Rant_ at 9/09/2006 11:03:35 PM) -- that hyperlink goes directly to the post. ymmv
    2) i use the same template as you and did a few things a) monthly archives b) smaller font c) changed the template so each archives isn't a list item but they are all in a string with a / separating them... The other day Apophenia (danah boyd) was asking around for javascripts to roll up the archives.. maybe someone provided info on a comment to that post?
    hth.

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Heather W. said...

    So, I'm a recent commentor here, but noticed that to leave a comment you have to go through two links. Is it a deliberate choice not to use the pop-ups? Accessibility issues? The benefit of the pop-up is that you can automatically see the original post while you're commenting on it instead of clicking a third link.

    Here are a couple posts from the Blogger Google Group that might help with the archives.

    http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-howdoi/browse_thread/thread/9d630a1851775cee/0d0a3374b10b6067?lnk=gst&q=archives&rnum=1#0d0a3374b10b6067
    http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-howdoi/browse_thread/thread/15614eb22ac1eefe/51b3e4a2217f7088?lnk=gst&q=archives&rnum=8#51b3e4a2217f7088

    While you're at it, could you put the archives in reverse chronological order? Easier to read most recent posts that way.

    http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42199

    HW

    p.s. I've gone to moderating, too, although I haven't tried the word verification option....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home