Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

7.12.2007

Success!

After receiving a completely lackluster grade on yesterday's test, I decided that enough was enough. I needed a decent cup of coffee.

So I promised it to myself assuming I could order lunch to go at the 4th restaurant from the gate (the one that was bare brick walls the night I arrived and opened 4 days later. I accidentally ordered tripe there yesterday). With only a little help from the next table, and no pointing on my part (the waitress did have to point to a picture of fried dumplings and a picture of steamed ones. But it wasn't the menu, it was a pinup calendar on the wall) I managed to leave with exactly what I wanted.

So I went to Starbucks. Spendy, pricey, American-priced Starbucks. While on the way, I decided that if I was going to soil myself like that, I may as well wade chin deep in the muck. So I had an American afternoon. It's a new trifecta: Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and KFC.

On my way back I had another small triumph. I stopped for more coffee at an expat place and when finished asked (in Chinese) for my leftover cashews to be put in a bag. It's the little things that excite me.

I'll post the photos once homework is finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home