Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

1.27.2008

Choking on war

Did you know that Miss Utah is an Army National Guard recruiter?

That little factoid was sent to me by the teacher of a class that is currently choking me with reading.

Well, not just that class, which is a grad seminar on the geography of war and peace (the two concepts, not the novel), but the whole quarter is a lot to digest right now, hence the silence from my end of the blogosphere. There's a half-dozen draft posts waiting for completion, a bunch of Chinese friends that deserve emails, and a thesis that needs to be worked on, but I find myself putting most of my effort into classes and work. That's not all bad. It's just the way it is.

We woke up this morning to 4 inches of wet, sticky snow. Good for packing snowballs. We are supposed to get more overnight. It's awfully pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home