Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

11.27.2007

The push

Now comes the school stretch. As pleasant as Thanksgiving weekend was, there were two trips to campus for information supplies and an afternoon spent at the Goat. I had a goal of having the rough draft of my term paper done on Sunday, but it was left woefully incomplete. Yesterday I worked on it for an hour before work, and then from 5 until 10 at the office. I stayed because I kept hoping to finish and turn my attention back to the illustrations, which I've been scanning out of atlases. I STILL didn't finish.

I fairly collapsed when I got home. I thought my bike ride would give me at least a half hour of energy to work on it. Nope. Part of the problem is that I have little investment in the topic of the paper. It's really hard to write when you're not interested in the topic anymore. Don't get me wrong--the fire class has been really interesting. Writing the paper, however, has not.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Bruce said...

    Yikes. Tell me about it. My whole dissertation is on something I have a hard time staying mindful of. I think I need my equivalent of 'The Goat'. Kafe Lila seems the closest thing I have. Would I shorten that to 'The Lila'? Ideas?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home