Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

10.02.2007

Ref grunt

Haven't done this in a long time. To my Chinese librarian friends: 'Ref grunt' is a library blogger term referring to a short blog post that relays an interesting interaction with someone at a reference desk. I believe the term originated with this blog, which purports to provide the answers to every question (but not the questions!) asked during a shift.

Here's my own from today:

student: "Can you tell me where to find a dictionary?"

me: "Oh, there's a bunch sitting around. There's one right around the corner from me. We also have links to online dictionaries on our website."

student: "RIGHT ON!"

(Maybe you had to be here--he was pretty excited.)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    more bloggy please! jen in portland

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home