Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

9.27.2007

The balance

With it being the first week of school, I am naturally busy with arranging instruction, lots of 'where's the printer' reference questions, and gung-ho students getting a head start on their term projects (whom I love--because I know I will keep seeing them as the quarter goes on). The hardest part of this is balance. On Tuesday I gave myself a little goal of working a little bit on three tasks each day (GIS, promotion file, prepping for teaching). Well, yesterday and today I didn't quite succeed. Oh--and I promised that I wouldn't stay too much past 5 on any day.

Anyway, if anyone thinks being an academic librarian is a quiet, sedate experience, you haven't worked at Duck U. Still--I can't help but think there is a balance to be achieved. Some magic combination of personal enrichment time versus paperwork drudgery. If anyone knows those proportions, please comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home