Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.13.2008

Finally warm

And not a moment too soon, as the outdoor party season starts, er, now.

3 hours left to the quarter. Lots of folks already walking around with parents. The library is officially dead: only 4 inveterate community folks walking around and a total of ten-ish students trying to finish up.

I've already gotten through the worst pile on my desk (the one that sits immediately to my left. The 'attend to me immediately' pile. The one that I picked a 2 month old 'please respond ASAP' memo off of this morning). I also sent thank you notes for all those who helped with my contract renewal for this year (it was a big one: now I only have to renew every 3 years instead of every 2. It's as close to tenure as I'll every get). And I moved a map case. It's amazing what can get done when people aren't constantly asking for help and I'm not constantly running off to meetings or class.

I'll try and update about What is actually Growing this weekend. There are a variety of spring flower photos to post, and slug traps to bait. But L keeps taking the yogurt to work and not bringing the containers back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home