Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

8.28.2008

Writing updates

So should I be giving you all the nitty-gritty about how the thesis is going? I've never written a 150 page paper before (that's my budget after a rough outline and one chapter worth of detailed). Actually, maybe my loyal readers (I'm not talking to you Ma) could offer practical advice on how to manage such a document. I sought the advice of my peers, but they didn't bite. We get stuck taking a one-hour-a-week 'thesis writing workshop', but it's mostly used to practice presentations. There's very little workshopping about actual writing.

So...discuss.

(and wasn't that a nice speech that Mr. Obama gave tonight?)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM , Blogger Jon said...

    Structure, structure, structure... Divide it up into chapters, chapter sections, and so on.

    HTH.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home