Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.20.2009

Found my cheese!

Spring cleaning here at the GrowBlog. I'm visiting a class on Tuesday and need not only to show a few features of Blogger, but also show what a blog is useful for. So get ready for some rapid posts, a few template changes, and just a little bit of commentary on the weekend's food and reading.

First off: the class I'm visiting is charged with identifying news and/or reading items on a given topic each week, and writing a brief posting about them. As it's summer and all, I'm also catching up on a little reading. Starting in China, I checked in with one of my semi-regular Chinese blogs today which recently posted a whole bunch of commentaries on how June 6 was treated in the world media. I will note that my own campus had a panel discussion on that evening, but I was unable to attend.

The posts though, led me to a new site and introduced me to a blogger who is also an archivist. A great combination. I have heard of this Budapest human rights archive, but have never had an opportunity to check out their website. This here post is a reminder for me to do so at some greater length at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home