Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

12.02.2009

....the conversation continues.

The phone won. And planning for a brief trip while learning a new device has been a bit entertaining.

Many events are on my mind. Looking at joining a budding consortium; trying to work within a separate one; and juggling many pieces of the puzzle. Oh--and planning a 4 day meeting! But my entertainment this week is figuring out the new gadget. I'm hoping to become proficient before hitting the road with it. But then I need to turn it off while in Canada--but I think that will be ok. It will help to transition me to a deep vacation in which I will not save email. That's right--I picked up one new online technology while walking away one that was working just fine. But I need a couple weeks away, and that means no work email. Will this here blog become a one-way channel of communication? Will I microblog? Shall I tweet? Or is it Tweet?

If it wasn't winter, I think I'd be going camping or fishing. Cold and rainy (and snowy?) make for indoor activities. And it seems like going mobile is sort of made for that.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger JB said...

    Welcome to the dark side, Jon. I should let you know what I think of the apps I'm using, but I'm not sure how much knowledge I have after only a month. Plus, since the Droid has Android 2.0 I can't speak for whether the new core apps cover any of that functionality already (my phone's still at lowly 1.6).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home