Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

2.01.2010

It's odd...

Here I am in my last few weeks at Duck U and I have found some sort of a balance. Oddly, I find myself doing the same things I did before starting grad school again: holding strictly to 9-5; doing my best to exercise and get on the tennis court as often as feasible; having a nice glass of wine or beer before reading a book and going to bed (ok, and tonight liver sausage and crackers too).

The house is clean (-ish). The wife seems satisfied. Dinners, with actual vegetables, have been put on the table. Time is being spent with friends. If only the backache would go away, life would seem completely satisfactory.

Why is it this happens only now that I am preparing to leave? Is it an indication that the correct decision was made? Or is it another symptom of short-timer's syndrome? Or has the exercise and wine and vegetables and 9-5 achieved an actual balance? Dammit! Too many variables and not enough empirical data. I'd have to change jobs 5 more times just to figure out the true cause!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger Jon said...

    Tricky question. But enjoy the balance now that you have it. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home