Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

1.07.2004

white fluffy cold

SNOW! I could have stayed in the midwest and suffered a week of snow and freezing rain. We managed to make the most of it though, and went snowshoeing at a place that didn't have any snow at all last year.

I'm starting to think there should be light rail up to Willamette Pass, we've been driving up it so much. Such a fantastic landscape right in our backyard. Our friend Kelly brought her digital camera, so we get to share these pictures immediately:

Isn't she lovely ladies and gentleman? That's my wife:




For a good chunk of the hike, we were in some pretty tall forest:




It's hard not to be picturesque. When I met with the Photozone people, they all agreed that when you first move to the west, you can't help but take Western Landscapes. By the way: this is a color picture. Can't hardly tell, can you?



Did I mention Kurt was with us?




I've been slowly reading this here blog from its inception, three years ago. I like the guy's work, and for some reason find his story really compelling. Also--some of the best photo links I've seen. How come I never find good stuff like this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home