Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.09.2004

Found

Had a great evening out with some Bosco friends (who are also neighbors), Kurt, L, and an EPL librarian. We saw the editor of Found, and his brother, read and sing from the zine and book.

Ran into someone who had interviewed at the library earlier the same day. Just how much can one reveal about someone's job prospects when (a) you don't know her, (b) you're a little drunk, (c) she blew away her competition?

I just hope I didn't scare her off.

My hoards of readers will noticed that I have now, by popular demand, enabled comments. The only reason I have done this is that I am currently too lazy to move this blog over to MovableType and I am a little pissed off at their new end-user license. In exchange for this accession to your wishes, if Found hasn't come to your town yet--make sure you get there. I didn't wet my pants laughing, but I did spit out my beer a couple times.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Deepfry said...

    hello! emily sent me a link to librarian blogs and i just found this post. aw, gosh. i'm flattered! and here i am, so you certainly didn't scare me off. maybe now that i'm here you can fill me in more on the, shhh.., competition, who i wanted to grill you about. but it didn't seem appropriate at the time. anyways, i look forward to meeting you officially when you return to fair eugene.

    see you soon, i think.

    sincerely,
    the new social science reference librarian who, i swear, really does try to update her blog occasionally

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home