Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

9.26.2004

Off the road again

Arrived home early yesterday. There's so much to tell about the trip--for now I'll just say that there's not much that could have made it more perfect. Our hosts and hostesses were beyond generous.

Much of the upcoming posts will be about the art that we saw. It was incredibly motivating, and some of the contemporary art we saw was probably the highlight of the trip. It's probably a toss-up between PS 1 and the Berlin Art Forum.

It has apparently been raining here. We now have a lawn again. And weeds. Today I started the 'clean slate' program in the back yard. With an axe from Dell (L seemed to get a little excited about me wielding an axe) I eliminated a mis-shapen lilac and a wonky bush. We'll be filling in a gap in our laurel hedge, giving us complete privacy. Now that we have sun, I'd like to put in two or three raised beds for vegetables. L wants a sitting area. I'm not sure if we'll salvage any of the existing shrubs or not. Still not sure if we'll till over the whole yard or not.

Before jumping in to the art, I'm going to adjust templates here. Please stand by in case there's any trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home