Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

1.02.2005

Bridges, books, bakery and breakfast.

Oh Portland, why do I love thee? Is it because you are so easy to navigate just by using the force? (Oh, this looks like a diagonal street--I bet it turns into a bridge. Oh look, now we're downtown.) Is it the alt-literature at Reading Frenzy that forces me to decide ahead of time how much money I can spend and reminds me that I never really look advantage of Quimby's when it was so close to home? Or is it the plethora of good breakfast places--so many that we have yet to repeat, have never had a bad experience, and always are able to convince friends to meet us out?

So this weekend it was the latest Giant Robot, a Cometbus anthology, and the new Nikki McClure calendar, among other things.

An unhealthy dinner was had at Montage with a big group--though I was the only one who had the oyster shooter. Excellent all around (except for the arteries--sorry about the gravy). And then we viewed a new print of Tron, which brought back pleasant memories of drinking beer on the Kalakala--which I had very nearly forgotten about. Seeing it on a big screen with decent sound was great, even if there wasn't beer. We also saw some Christo and Jeanne-Claude, and some kickass Lician Freud etchings.

So now it's back to work. The kids will be back on campus tomorrow, and the ten weeks of intense bilocation will begin. I'm still doubtful that my sanity will survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home