Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

3.02.2005

Dafodils

I noticed today that it is officially dafodil season. It seems awfully early, but I think it's not all that earlier than last year. On my ride home tonight, I also caught a whiff of a great number of cherry blossoms.

I hope Hantoon went out with cherry blossoms in her nose. She didn't seem to be suffering from her mental illness, but I can't imagine that she enjoyed her life on the street. As I have thought of her today, I thought of the few interactions I had with her and my efforts to keep those short. I actually had been thinking of a plan on how to dis-engage from people like her as I start to work reference in the main library (which has many more characters than my previous branch). Now all I can think about is all the people I have been short with, all those I've walked by who asked for help, and all those I ignored. It's not very christian of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home