Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

1.22.2005

Is it a weekly thing?

A week since I posted to either blog. An indication of being busy or just not having anything to say?

I can fall back on the weather--especially since I just caught up with the snow in Chicago. The week was unseasonably balmy--tank tops and shorts on campus. I even rode home just wearing shirtsleeves one day.

What a weird word. I was actually wearing the whole shirt, not just the sleeves.

Last Sunday I went out and exposed some film. This afternoon I developed it, and even spent some time this evening printing (not the film in question though). I think I can actually say that I've started a project. One I've wanted to do for a very long time, and one that I failed to start in Chicago. I failed to start it so badly that the place I wanted to start with disappeared. Not that I'm comparing myself, but I wonder if Atget ever got to a location in his 'disappearing Paris' only to discover that the piece in question had already disappeared?

Reconnected with an old friend last week. Solidified some acquaintences at a conference. And even met a couple new folks (who admitted to being readers--that was simultaneously creepy and exciting. Hi Moira and Bluehole (who's real name I've already forgotted)! Not the either one of you was creepy, but as I said: it was nice to meet someone that already sort of konws me.).

I'm sure you're all riveted to the changing stylesheet on the tiny blog. Another loyal reader has suggested I need to brush up on my tableless column designations. I've started by simply putting all stylesheet where it belongs.

Cheers.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger Alan Cordle said...

    Name's Alan. Alan Bluehole. It was great to meet you! Do you have a feed for the tiny blog? Also, a link for the deep fried one you told me about?

    Thanks,
    Al

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger Growbot said...

    http://deepfry.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home