Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

1.11.2005

I am hopelessly unfashionable

Working on a college campus, I get the opportunity to observe fashion trends among the young ladies that populate the campus. For a long time now, the crop top has bemused and amused me--it's not a great look for those who are not in the thinnest percentile, and no matter how skinny you are, if your pants are down around your pubis, there's going to be fat hanging over your belt. Moreover, when I was in Rhode Island in November, I observed girls wearing crop winter coats. If you stop and think about this for just two seconds you will see why this is horribly wrong.

This morning, I saw a new one. I've been seeing puffy lambskin boots for a while. Kind of goofy, but no big thing. And among the landscapers on campus and winter gardeners everywhere, the rubber boot (I think that would be a Wellie?) is always acceptable. But this morning, it was a very attractive young lady wearing a mini-skirt and pink wellies. Now, I'd say she had nice legs, but the incongruous combination of the short skirt and the rubber boots threw me.

I just don't understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home