Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

10.20.2006

Carto Madness

Today I met the man that made the contemporary Chicago subway map.

I thanked him.

It's a very good conference. While there's not too many librarians (that kind of automatically makes it a good conference, doesn't it? ;)), all of the attendees are my primary suppliers and consumers. I get to listen to both ends of my supply chain at the same time.

Here's a scoop: the average USGS 7.5' quad is 28 years old. Now THAT'S out of date. So let's not complain too much about the move to print-on-demand.

Today at lunch, my good friend JB announced that he was having a corned beef sandwich in order to 'break the sausage cycle' that he has been in since arriving in Madison. I have no such qualms: I had bangers and mash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home