Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.22.2008

A nice Endnote discovery

The ultimate in procrastination: I did a complete reformatting of my hard drive this weekend and reinstalled everything from scratch. With nary a call to technical support. (But honestly, my computer was crawling. Now it reboots in less than a minute.)

And now it's back to work. And I've discovered that EndNote will let me keep track of keywork terms of my own, and will automatically add new keywords from new citations as I work. If I go back now and then to clean up the term list, I'll gradually develop a nice controlled vocabulary. Deleting wonky, database assigned terms doesn't delete them from the actual references though--so nothing is lost through the term editing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home