Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.21.2009

Feed me!

In the past two years, I all but gave up on feed readers. I was committed to bloglines for about a year, but writing my thesis made me feel totally opposed to keeping current with library blogs. Besides: I kind of enjoy seeing the blogs I read regularly in their native format. In a way, blogs lose some of their appear when they look like webmail.

Anyway, I do want to introduce Lindsay's students to readers--at least to take their pulse to see if anyone is using them. I've never been a Google Reader user, but it does seem to be a popular option amongst my colleagues. Getting started is certainly a breeze:



Bloglines is much the same, and I use it to generate the blogroll to the right. I spent some time today playing with CSS to make them match the look of the GrowBlog a bit more closely, but those skills are REALLY rusty.

You might be wondering about the cheese. I'll explain as I continue to prep for Tuesday, but suffice it to say: if I was single, I think I would have just discovered a new pickup line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home