Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

3.31.2010

And thus it begins...

I have finally settled on tomorrow's ensemble. We all know the debate between the utilikilt with measuring-tape suspenders versus the Sheila Moon jacket and knickers was fierce.

The argument centered around balancing my hard-ass managerial side with the more playful tropical-business-casual ethic that is appropriate to Santa Barbara. All the while staying true to my rock-and-roll roots.

I can't even believe I just typed that. Nonetheless, the Sheila Moon jacket will make an appearance tomorrow because it's chilly here in the mornings (and indeed, was all day today) and I am attending an event after work that calls for both a warm outer layer and a reflective stripe.

Add to the jacket a business-like wrinkle-resistant button down, brown trousers, and my new green and black Vans with white sidewalls and I think I have struck the appropriate aging-skatepunk / wannabe YA librarian vibe. Not that I was ever a skatepunk or actually tried to ever be a YA librarian.

Wardrobe aside, it's been a pleasant few days of unpacking. The apartment is in order, and I think everything is set for a few months alone while L finishes school and we await the results of the funding application for China. What lies ahead is anyone's guess.

Those of you following along on Twitter and FB know it was a pleasant last day: a bike ride, some snacks, reading on the beach. What I failed to mention was that the forecast today was for rain.



If only all my rainy days look like this.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home