Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

2.11.2004

The lecture life: redux

Saw the executive director of Human Rights Watch tonight. He gave a pretty good speech.

I knew I was in the right place when I saw Dancing John there. He's been at all the best concerts that I've attended here so far, and we've stopped and talked to him a few times--we always know that we've picked the hippest venue in town when we see Dancing John.

The fake monk (a library regular--I'm still unsure if he's fake or not: it's just what we call him) and the 9-11 dollar bill guy were there too. I left when the first paranoid questioner started talking about CIA agents wandering the streets of Eugene doing the dirty work of the US Forest Service.

Black helicopters looking for spotted owls you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home