Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

6.18.2004

Blog the past, or blog the future?

I should be writing about my week in Seattle, and all the cool stuff that I learned.

But instead I'm excited about taking a last-second, impromptu trip up the McKenzie to throw dollar bills into the river (aka: flyfish) and shake this dang cold/sinus infection thingy I've had going on--which forced me to drink far less beer this week than I had planned.

So we'll try to escape grass pollen land for about 36 hours. L wants to make the most of the solstice sunlight. We'd go tonight, but a friend is de-camping Eugene for the Bay area--her first PhD full-time gig. One problem I'm having is: should I go to the fly shop? I'm at an awkward spot in my development: I have now accumulated about 60 flies in my box, but I can't name more than a dozen of them. I need a cheetsheet or a reference book or something. If I go to the shop, there's a real danger I'll duplicate something I already have. If I don't, there's the chance that there is something going on at the South Fork that I don't know about and I'll be completely unprepared.

Perhaps this is the weekend I'll get hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home