Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

7.28.2005

Slow reading

I just went to a friend's blog, as we've messaged back and forth a couple times in recent days. I told him, "Oh, it looks like you're doing xyz, I'll catch up with my reading." It turns out the last time I read him was almost exactly a year ago, when he posted 'A friend just wrote to say I haven't blogged in a long time.'! And that was me! He looks to have become a much more frequent blogger. I wonder if it's avoidance behavior, as he's supposed to be writing a book.

Anyway, I've been catching up with reading like crazy. Inspired perhaps by a book review coming due and an upcoming deadline to vote for a 'book of the year' award. My mother always did say I'm a procrastinator.

BTW: When one is jurying a book award, receives a box of 8 books in the mail, and has only a month to vote, does one actually read all 8 books?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger Jon said...

    Oh, of course it's avoidance... However, you should check out the new blog, whose aim is to stir me to write, rather than stand in for doing so.

     
  • At 11:39 PM , Blogger Jon said...

    So why does your front page say your post has no comments, when I left one earlier today? Hey?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home