Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

5.17.2006

Small town welcome home

Yesterday one of my co-workers left a note for me: 'your rabbits are in the yellow freezer.'

I don't think that would be happening if I was living in the big city.

So yes, four rabbits, raised by the local 4H club, were awaiting me. Each wrapped lovingly in a ziplock bag. When I ordered them, I was assuming a couple pounds each. These are bigger than chickens! My bike was totally overloaded on the way home. They take up quite a bit of room in the freezer.

And my mother asked me to please not serve them to her when she visits. However a friend told L today that she loves bunny and will be glad to help us eat them.

hmmmmmmm....bunny.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Lisa S. said...

    There's a good recipe for bunny in mustard sauce in Patricia Wells' Bistro Cooking, one of my regularly used cookbooks. Could do one Moroccan-style as well. If they weren't meant to be et, they wouldn't taste so good! Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home