Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

11.03.2005

The T is still silent

That's funny, for the first time I had a really dependable network connection at a conference, but I didn't post a single time.

It was a good conference. I had a couple of lightbulbs go off in sessions, I thought a lot about my own upcoming thesis proposal, visited with old and new friends, and didn't completely screw up my own presentations.

It started off a bit slow for me, as I came with a cold, but it finished strong. In the last session yesterday, someone finally showed me a real example of facetted classification. So my LIS education is now complete.

Charlotte is a weird town. The downtown is almost completely corporate space. Lots and lots of Wagonhut security guards around. Very clean and very few visible bums. They've got to be around somewhere, but they're obviously not allowed 'uptown'. Almost no buildings older than 20 years old. I've been told there's an explanation at a museum nearby and that's on my agenda for before I go to the airport.

I don't know if I'll get around to summarizing all the session from the conference. I'm scheduled to get in at 10:30 and I have an 8am meeting in the morning. I really hope the plane is on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home