Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

10.09.2005

Larissa

Speaking of squeamish. We had a nice Chinese dinner on Friday night. There were a couple kids running around the restaurant, I'd say a 2-year-old and a 6-year-old. Larissa was the older one and really polite and well spoken. She acted as hostess when we first arrived. She pretended to ride a horse around the restaurant ("I'm really into horses.").

I got sucked into the Chinese television show that was playing: possible a hospital soap opera. Lydia came around to my side of the table. At various times both little girls sat in Lydia's abandoned seat.

She seemed kind of repulsed when I put chili oil into our potsticker sauce. "You're supposed to put it on your food." I explained that it got on the food via the sauce. She asked if she could taste it. We said yes so she stuck her finger in the sauce and said that I was right--it was a good way to do it.

When we were finishing up she brought us our leftover box. She then stood in front of the tv set with her back to us and stuck her hand down the back of her pants and dug around for a while.

I thought Lydia was going to heave as we left. Anyone want some leftover broccoli beef?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Lisa S. said...

    Yup, kids like to explore their below-the-waist action. The boy zooms like magnet to the front zone immediately on removal of the pull-up. I like to be hopeful and think that frequent exposure makes us more immune to stuff, but hey, I just got over strep throat, which I probably wouldn't have caught if I weren't at a montessori every workday.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home