Growin' Blog

Gardenin', fishin', bikin', librarianin'. And migratin'

10.03.2005

3 casts, 3 fish.

I never imagined I'd type a headline like that, but on Saturday afternoon it happened. On the mighty Three Rivers. Granted, the total weight of the 4 fish I caught was probably a half pound, but still, I caught 4 fish in an hour. The first came on a nymph. After working my way upstream a bit, I noticed what appeared to be BWO's flying around. After seeing the 5th or 6th one, I switched to a dryfly and immediately: Bam! Bam! Bam!

OK, bam might be too strong a word to use for 3-5 inch rainbows (one may have been a brown or brook trout), but when you're as much as a baby as I am, anything counts.

After the third on the dry fly took the fly way down into his gullet (I think it may even have been stuck in his gill), I decided to stop. I cut the line rather than try and dig out the fly. I was probably doing more harm than I was having fun.

So, if I want to catch bigger fish, do I need to move on to bigger water?

Speaking of bigger water, I actually saw chinooks dancing on the surface of the Nestucca. Pretty exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home